Antonio Centeno runs Real Men Real Style. He gives you his 3 key factors to succeed as a business channel following these YouTube analytics. He researched more than 100 factors.
Factor #1 – Video Topics Are Key
- Spend the time learning which topics will resonate with your audience.
- Sometimes he doesn’t publish a video, even if it’s completed, if it won’t resonate with the audience.
- Every topic has to be a winner before uploading it.
Factor #2 – Thumbnails Are Key
- You should know your thumbnail before you even shoot the video.
- His team creates 30-40 possible thumbnail variations.
- They first focus on the on-thumbnail text language, then on the image in the thumbnail.
- They pre-test the final five on his website beforehand to find the most clickable one.
- The thumbnail should show emotion.
Factor #3 – 60-Second Audience Retention Is Key
- The first 60 seconds need to be edited very tightly.
- They want to have 80% audience retention at 60 seconds.
- If they watch a minute, they’re more likely to watch longer.
- If he keeps audience retention at over 50% at the very end, then he’s got a better chance of them watching the next video.
Dane Golden is CEO of VidiUp, a video content marketing agency. At VidiUp we help you up your game on YouTube for business and transform your viewers into loyal customers.